2018 Fully Integrated Duals Advantage Plans (FIDA)
AgeWell New York FIDA is a managed care plan that contracts with both Medicare and the New York State Department of Health (Medicaid) to provide benefits of both programs to Participants through the Fully Integrated Duals Advantage (FIDA) Demonstration. It is for people with both Medicare and Medicaid, and who meet other eligibility requirements for the FIDA Demonstration. Under AgeWell New York FIDA, you can get your Medicare and Medicaid services in one managed care plan.
A FIDA Plan is an organization made up of doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, providers of long-term services and supports, and other providers. It also has Care Managers and Interdisciplinary Teams (IDTs) to help you manage all your providers and services. They all work together to provide the care you need.
All participants are assessed to ensure that their care needs are known and addressed by the Interdisciplinary Team. This assessment includes medication reviews. An initial assessment is performed with subsequent reassessment reviews that are conducted at least every six months, or more frequently, if necessary.
FIDA is a demonstration program jointly run by New York State and the federal government to provide better health care for people who have both Medicare and Medicaid. Under this demonstration, the state and federal government want to test new ways to improve how you receive your Medicare and Medicaid health care services.
In order to obtain information about AgeWell’s plan ratings or for more information about Medicare benefits and services, including general information or Part D, contact 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) 24 hours per day, 7 days per week (TTY 1-877-486-2048) or visit their website at http://www.medicare.gov.
• Full Medicare and Medicaid coverage, long term care services, Part D and Medicaid drugs, and additional benefits from a single, integrated managed care plan.
• One card, one health plan for all health care services.
• An interdisciplinary team (IDT) available to help manage and ensure that the most coordinated care is delivered according to an individual’s needs.
• One FIDA Plan Care Manager is assigned to each participant to ensure access to all care needs.
• Access specialists directly. No need for referrals.
• There is no lock-in period.