MLTC Eligibility & Enrollment
Who is eligible for AgeWell New York Managed Long Term Care Plan (MLTC)?
You may be eligible to enroll if you:
- Live in Nassau, Suffolk, Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, the Bronx or Westchester
- Have a chronic illness or disability
- Are able to stay safely at home at the time you join AgeWell New York
- Are expected to need long term care services for at least 120 days from the date you enroll in AgeWell New York
- Are 21 years of age or older
- Are covered by Medicaid, or are eligible and apply for Medicaid
- Are eligible for a nursing home level of care at the time of enrollment
How can I enroll in AgeWell New York Managed Long Term Care Plan (MLTC)?
- Contact AgeWell New York directly at 1-866-586-8044 or visit our website at www.agewellnewyork.com to obtain information about our managed long term care (MLTC) plan and/or speak to a Customer Service representative to learn more about MLTC coverage and eligibility requirements.
- If you or a loved one are new to Community Based Long Term Services (CBLTS) or have not received CBLTS for more than 45 days, then you will also need to contact Maximus, the New York State Department of Health’s Enrollment Broker, to schedule an initial eligibility evaluation. This evaluation will include an in home evaluation by a Registered Nurse sent by the Conflict-Free Evaluation and Enrollment Center (CFEEC). You can call the CFEEC for an appointment at 1-855- 222-8350. The CFEEC can also assist you or your loved one with enrollment in AgeWell New York.
- If you or a loved one are not new to Community Based Long Term Services (individuals transferring from one MLTC plan to another) and have received CBLTS in the past 45 days and you are interested in enrolling, AgeWell New York will:• Schedule an in-home comprehensive assessment of your needs and review the services and care you currently receive;
• Explain the benefits that AgeWell New York may offer you;
• Provide you with a copy of the AgeWell New York Member Handbook and Provider Directory;
• Discuss your health and wellness needs to develop a personalized care plan for you;
• Help you complete an enrollment agreement if you are interested in joining AgeWell New York;
• Help you choose providers from AgeWell New York’s credentialed network;
• Answer any questions you may have.