Benefits of Flu Vaccination
Influenza is a serious disease that can lead to hospitalization and serious complications. While every flu season is different, an annual seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances that you will get seasonal flu and spread it to others. When more people get vaccinated against the flu, the less it can spread throughout the community.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention there are many reasons to get your flu shot:
- Flu vaccination can keep you from getting the flu.
- Protecting yourself also protects the people around you who are more vulnerable to serious illness.
- Flu vaccination can help protect people who are at greater risk of getting seriously ill from flu, like
older adults, people with chronic health conditions and young children.
- Flu vaccination also may make your illness milder if you do get sick.
- Flu vaccination can reduce the risk of more serious flu outcomes, like hospitalizations.
- Flu vaccination is an important preventive tool for people with chronic health conditions.
There are several flu vaccine options for this year. Talk to your doctor about which vaccines are right for you.